Wednesday, May 27, 2009

While We Wait

While we wait... It feels like I'm anticipating a few things lately. First off, I want style.com to update the Cruise 2010 collections! What I've seen of the YSL and Missoni collections have provoked a large amount of curiosity. The second main thing I absolutely cannot wait for is the Antwerp Royal Academy of Art's fashion show. It runs from June 11-13, so we've got a few weeks, but I am so excited to see the student's collections. Going back through the archives, the students always produce such artistic pieces that really showcase their creativity without feeling the pressures of trying to bend to the market's standards as an up-and-coming struggling designer.

The pictures above are from Basil Soda's SS09 collection. He's a designer I recently stumbled upon, and it seems his forte is embellishments on floorlength gowns. Apparently Katy Perry wore the gown on the right to the Grammy's, and Paris Hilton was spotted wearing one of his creations at the amfAR benefit in Cannes.

images via basil soda

3 comments:

  1. i dream of wearing an extravagant floor length gow n one day !
    who knows maybe for my wedding i'll wear a designer dress instead of buying a wedding dress i read that in a harpers bazaar article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fabulous gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pink gown looks like it came straight out of my dreams ... its gorgeous!

    Sydnie
    www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete